Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions?

Happy New Year everyone! 

Overheard at the homestead NYE:
Yours Truly: Anyone that stays up later than mommy to see the ball drop gets a dollar!
kids (in unison): YAH!
#2: That's easy money... 
#1: You want to just pay us now? 
Wife: I hope you have enough singles in your wallet, I've already set the alarm on my phone for 11:40.
 
The AFOF clan NYE tradition is simple; Stay home, make dinner, start a fire and watched movies until about 11pm. Then the TV is tuned to the party in Times Square. This year the 2 oldest actually made it until Midnight, it was the first time they've made that late and we all paid the price the next day. (read: Cranky Kids).

As the Ball dropped I realized that I hadn't put any thought into a resolution for 2013. Considering the tumultuous year I had in 2012 I've decided that I should plan for the unexpected.... I have an idea/game plan for 2013 and intend to write it down so I review it over the course next year, but it will be written pencil.





So what are your Resolutions for 2013?

8 comments:

  1. To be more loving, more accepting, to embrace all mankind in harmonious joy.

    Nah. I resolve to piss off all my neighbors and kin and maybe buy a new gun.

    Have a great New Year Coop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Aside from the gun that's just another day in the life of Coop! Although I think I see a S&W .357 in my immediate future.

      Have a great New Year Six!

      Delete
  2. Your NYE is a lot like ours and I'm usually the one falling asleep before the ball drops but even I made it this year as well. I hope 2013 brings you joy, health and happiness Coop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, Glad to hear you made it to see 2013!

      All the best to You & Don and the Girls! I hope we can catch up sometime this year!

      Delete
  3. One resolution kept. I just bought another S&W M&P 15-22. The Sportsman's Warehouse just had a couple delivered and I scooped one up. Surprisingly the price wasn't inflated. 469 bucks. Lu and I were just there so she could boot shop when I wandered over to the gun counter and notice it on the mostly empty rack. Talk about luck.

    I think you need that .357 Coop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Happy New Year Hook!

      One of my resolutions is actually to visit the Falls this summer. I'm sure if we are fortunate enough to stay at your estblishment we'd provide you with enough material for a post.

      Delete